When Federal aid just isn't enough, ACMG Federal Credit Union can help.
The cost of college continues to rise, making it harder to afford. At ACMG, we’re committed to helping students find the best funding for their education. We’ve partnered with other credit unions to form the Credit Union Student Choice Loan Program that can help you and your family fill in the gaps that federal aid may leave behind. By choosing your credit union’s student loan over other alternative lenders, you can expect significant cost-savings.
- No origination fees
- Lower interest rates
- Deferment of principal and interest while in school
- Flexible repayment terms
- Easily research lending options in our Student Lending Center, then apply online or by phone at 1-866-558-5440.
Requirements before applying for Credit Union Student Choice loan:
- Before applying and filling out a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) found at fafsa.ed.gov, apply for your Personal Identification Number (PIN) at pin.ed.gov. Your PIN serves as your electronic signature and provides access to your personal records. (To find more about the steps involved in the Federal Loan process, click on the link to the right.)
- Apply for scholarships—you may be eligible for many of them (see scholarship search link below).
- Check with your college financial aid office for listings.
- Free information on preparing for and funding education beyond high school including a scholarship search wizard can be found at studentaid.ed.gov.
- To keep your costs at a minimum, take the maximum amount of Federal Student Loans before applying for Student Choice Loan. While in schoool:
- The government may pay the interest (on "subsidized" loans)
- Cap on the interest rate (set by the government)
- Deferred payment option until after leaving school.
Nearly 2,000 approved colleges and universities nationwide with 126 in New York.
Paying for school just got easier with FastWeb.
Financial Aid Network
FinAid, the SmartStudent Guide to Financial Aid.
Manage your finances.
ACMG Federal Credit Union is committed to helping students learn to manage their finances. Visit ACMG.OnYourWay.com for answers to all your financial questions and get entered to win prizes for learning!
For more information or help with the student loan process, please call or stop by any convenient branch location & talk with a helpful loan officer today! Or, simply complete an Online Request Form and an ACMG Representative will contact you shortly.