New Leaf Checking
Put issues in the past. Enjoy a fresh start with easy account access, discounts, and helpful tools to improve your personal financial wellness.
This second chance checking account may offer an option for members who do not qualify for our Personal Checking account* at this time, but who want to build a better relationship for the future. This account has a $9.95 monthly fee, you can reduce the fee to $7.95 if you have total direct deposits of at least $500 each month.
All these benefits are included for personal New Leaf accounts:
Financial Wellness counseling - - you can access our financial counselors by phone, in person, or learn about achieving your goals in our online learning center. We're here to assist with: budgeting, improving credit, eliminating debt, saving, purchasing a home, or planning for the future.
Access: Local ATM network (over 50), Nationwide ATM network (over 30,000), Nationwide Shared Branches (over 5,000), no fee for Cash-Back option at checkout, and helpful eServices for tracking and budgeting.
Convenience for Purchases/Payments: with a VISA® Debit Card and Bill Pay for online banking users.
- Cell Phone Protection1: Receive up to $400 of replacement or repair costs if your cell phone is stolen or damaged. Maximum of two claims per year. Covers the first four phones on a cellular telephone bill paid through your checking account. (Cellular telephone bill must be paid using eligible account.)
- IDProtect®2 -- Help better protect yourself with our identity theft and fully managed resolution services2 that includes credit file monitoring3, 3-in-1 credit reports, monitoring of over 1,000 public databases, identity theft expense reimbursement1, and more.
- Credit Score Simulator -- See the impact of options before you make credit decisions.
- Additional Services -- Travel & Leisure discounts, Entertainment Discounts, Health and Vision discounts, and Gift/Gas Card discounts.
- Debit Advantage®1 - Buyer’s Protection1 & Extended Warranty1 - Buyer’s Protection covers items for ninety days from the date of purchase against accidental breakage, fire, or theft. Extended Warranty extends the U.S. manufacturer’s original written warranty up to one full year on most new retail purchases if the warranty is less than five years. (Item(s) must be purchased entirely with eligible account.)
- Rewards -- Members with an actively-used ACMG checking account & debit card have access to both our debit card points program after 6 months, AND cash-back offers for those with online/mobile banking. Ask for enrollment/usage details.
- Online/Mobile eServices: for balances, account history, and pending deposits/withdrawals. Make transfers and loan payments, eDeposit checks, pay bills, view monthly eStatements, and setup eAlerts.
- Overdraft Options: Share Overdraft Transfer or an Overdraft Protection (Line of Credit) can be added to protect against insufficient fund fees and returned payments.
- Direct deposit/payroll deduction (ACMG routing #221379918)
Purchase Alerts - keep your account secure with email alerts for transactions in real-time and immediately identify potential fraud. Use the link on the right side of this page to enroll.
With direct deposit, your paycheck is automatically deposited into the ACMG account of your choice. It’s safe, fast and convenient. In most cases, a simple form with our Routing & Transit Number (221379918
) and your ACMG account information is all it takes to get started!
To activate Direct Deposit:
- Paychecks, Pension or Military Checks - Contact the company making deposits for you.
- Social Security or SSI Checks - Visit the Go Direct website to learn more (sponsored by the U.S. Treasury & Federal Reserve).
Got direct deposit? If so, then you should consider adding Payroll Deduction too! Payroll Deduction is an automated method to move funds from your direct deposit, to any ACMG accounts that you choose (like savings, checking, IRA Accumulator, etc.). You can also setup automatic payments for your ACMG loans to save time and ensure timely payments that will contribute to a better credit score!
*The eligibility for a New Leaf account is determined by the information from your ChexSystems report and you must meet our guidelines to qualify. If you have information on your ChexSystems report that is not accurate, we can provide resources to help you understand the process of placing a dispute.
1 Special Program Notes: The descriptions herein are summaries only and do not include all terms, conditions and exclusions of the Benefits described. Please refer to the actual Guide to Benefit and/or insurance documents for complete details of coverage and exclusions. Coverage is provided through the company named in the Guide to Benefit or on the insurance document. 2 Benefits are available to personal checking account owner(s), their joint account owners and their eligible family members subject to the terms and conditions set forth in the Guide to Benefit and/or insurance documents for the applicable Benefits. Benefits are not available to a “signer” on the account who is not an account owner or to businesses, clubs, trusts, organizations and/or churches and their members, or schools and their employees/students. Family includes: Spouse, persons qualifying as domestic partner, and children under 25 years of age and parent(s) of the account holder who are residents of the same household. 3 Credit file monitoring may take several days to begin following activation. 4 Credit Score is a VantageScore 3.0 based on single bureau data. Third parties may use a different VantageScore or a different type of credit score to assess your creditworthiness.
Insurance Products are not insured by the NCUA or any Federal Government Agency; not a deposit of or guaranteed by the credit union or any credit union affiliate.