New Leaf Checking
Every day we work with members who avoid opening a checking account because they're worried about fees or had problems with unpaid balances at other banks or credit unions. This account offers a chance to "turn over a new leaf" with a financial partner who provides access to convenient money management tools and personal assistance.
This second chance checking account may offer an option for members who do not qualify for our Personal Checking account* at this time, but who want to build a better relationship for the future. This account has a $9.95 monthly fee, you can reduce the fee to $7.95 if you have total direct deposits of at least $500 each month.
Your VISA Debit Rewards Card benefits include:
- Two available ATM networks including local & nationwide/overseas access
- Purchases are deducted from your checking account (never applied against a credit card)
- Easy record keeping (your purchases show in detail on your monthly statement)
- Not near an ATM? Take cash-back at a store checkout and avoid ATM fees and surcharges - we don't charge to use your card with a PIN!
- Purchase Alerts - keep your account secure with email alerts for transactions in real-time and immediately identify potential fraud. Use the link on the right side of this page to enroll.
- After 6 months, eligible members can request our Rewards Program and earn points when using their debit card and signing for purchases. Points can be redeemed for: cash back into their account, gift cards, merchandise, travel or charity donations.
With direct deposit, your paycheck is automatically deposited into the ACMG account of your choice. It’s safe, fast and convenient. In most cases, a simple form with our Routing & Transit Number (221379918
) and your ACMG account information is all it takes to get started!
To activate Direct Deposit:
- Paychecks, Pension or Military Checks - Contact the company making deposits for you.
- Social Security or SSI Checks - Visit the Go Direct website to learn more (sponsored by the U.S. Treasury & Federal Reserve).
Got direct deposit? If so, then you should consider adding Payroll Deduction too! Payroll Deduction is an automated method to move funds from your direct deposit, to any ACMG accounts that you choose (like savings, checking, IRA Accumulator, etc.). You can also setup automatic payments for your ACMG loans to save time and ensure timely payments that will contribute to a better credit score!
*The eligibility for a New Leaf account is determined by the information from your ChexSystems report and you must meet our guidelines to qualify. If you have information on your ChexSystems report that is not accurate, we can provide resources to help you understand the process of placing a dispute.