Skip to main content

VITA - Free Tax Preparation by IRS certified volunteers

ACMG actively supports the community by providing free preparation and electronic filing of state and federal taxes under the VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) program for any individual/family whose household income meets the federal income threshold of $56,000 or less in 2019. IRS certified volunteers will prepare and e-file your state and federal tax returns at no cost.

THANK YOU to our members and community who attended our events in early February.

Other Syracuse locations that may be available by appointment:

  • 1199 SEIU 250 S. Clinton Street | Syracuse, NY 13202
    315-295-1822  Appointments Only
  •  PEACE, Inc. at ShoppingTown Mall, Community Wing
    3649 Erie Blvd. East | DeWitt, NY 13214  -  315-634-3756 Appointments Only
  • Whittax at Syracuse Universtity - Saturdays only by online appointment.
    Visit  to book your appointment.
  • JOBSplus!, County Office Building
    600 S. State St., 4th Floor | Syracuse, NY 13202 - 315-442-3242 Appointments Only


  • Proof of identification (federally issued photo ID)

  • Social Security cards for you, your spouse and dependents - An Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letter may be substituted for you, your spouse and your dependents if you do not have a Social Security number. 

  • Proof of foreign status, if applying for an ITIN

  • Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return

  • Wage and earning statements (Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R,1099-Misc) from all employers

  • Interest and dividend statements from banks/credit unions (Forms 1099)

  • College Education Expenses (1098-T, 1098-E)

  • Health Insurance Exemption Certificate, if received

  • A copy of last year’s federal and state returns, if available.

  • Proof of bank account routing and account numbers for direct deposit such as a blank check

  • To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms

  • Daycare Information: Total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider's tax identifying number such as their Social Security number or business Employer Identification Number

  • Forms 1095-A, B and C, Health Coverage Statements

  • Copies of income transcripts from IRS and state, if applicable

Questions? Leave a Message