OVERDRAFT PROTECTION AND COURTESY PAY
When unexpected expenses happen, overdraft options can allow you approval for purchases and bill payments when your account does not have available funds. Selecting Overdraft Coverage before it's needed can help ease the stress during difficult times.
Overdraft Coverage Options
The choice is yours. Consider these ways to cover overdrafts:
1Call us at (800) 634-9239, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or come by a branch to sign up or apply for these services; 2Subject to credit approval.
Overdraft Protection services apply to all transactions and may help prevent overdrafts by automatically transferring funds to your checking account from another account or line of credit you may have at ACMG Federal Credit Union for a finance charge. Please note that overdraft lines of credit are subject to credit approval.
Courtesy Pay allows you to overdraw your account up to the disclosed limit for a fee in order to pay a transaction. Even if you have overdraft protection, Courtesy Pay is still available as secondary coverage if the other protection source is exhausted. Please review the “What Else You Should Know” section included with this letter for other important information.
*If you choose Extended Coverage on your consumer account, ATM withdrawals and everyday debit card transactions will be included with the transactions listed under Standard Coverage. If you already have Extended Courtesy Pay coverage, it is not necessary to request it again. Business accounts automatically have Extended Coverage.
You can discontinue the Courtesy Pay in its entirety by contacting us at (800) 634-9239 or sending us an e-mail at email@example.com.
What Else You Should Know
- A link to another account or a line of credit may be a less expensive option than an overdraft. A single larger overdraft will result in just one fee, as opposed to multiple smaller overdrafts. Good account management is the best way to avoid overdrafts.Use our mobile banking, Internet banking, and telephone banking services to keep track of your balance. For additional financial education resources, please visit our GreenPath University page or www.mymoney.gov
- The $30 Courtesy Pay is the same fee amount that is charged if a check is returned as unpaid. If multiple items overdraw your account on the same day, each item will be assessed an appropriate Courtesy Pay or a Return Payment Item of $30. ATM and Debit Card items will be assessed a fee of $20. All fees and charges will be included as part of the Courtesy Pay limit amount. Your account may become overdrawn more than the Courtesy Pay limit amount because of a fee.
- For consumer and business accounts, there is a limit of 5 Courtesy Pays (up to $150) per day we will charge.
- Our general policy is to post items throughout the day and to post credits before debits. ACH, ATM, debit card transactions and paper checks are posted in the order in which the items are received. When multiple checks are received on the same day, they are posted in serial number order. However, because of the many ways we allow you to access your account, the posting order of individual items may differ from these general policies on an exception basis. Holds on funds (described herein) and the order in which transactions are posted may impact the total amount of Courtesy Pays or Return Payment Items assessed.
- Although under payment system rules, ACMG Federal Credit Union may be obligated to pay some unauthorized debit card transactions, ACMG Federal Credit Union will not authorize debit card or ATM transactions unless there are available funds (including Overdraft Coverage Options) to cover the transactions and any fee(s).
- Giving us your consent to pay everyday debit card and ATM overdrafts on your consumer account (Extended Coverage) may result in you incurring Courtesy Pays for transactions that we would otherwise be required to pay without assessing a Courtesy Pay. However, this would allow us to authorize transactions up to the amount of your Courtesy Pay limit and may also help you avoid overdrafts in excess of your available balance. If you consent to Extended Coverage on your consumer account, it will remain on your account until you otherwise withdraw it.
- ACMG Federal Credit Union authorizes and pays transactions for checks, ACH items, and recurring debit cards transactions using the available balance in your account PLUS the amount of the Courtesy Pay Limit and available overdraft protection. For ATM and everyday debit card transactions on accounts with Standard Coverage, authorization and payment occurs using the available balance PLUS any available overdraft protection but does NOT include the Courtesy Pay Limit. For accounts with Extended Coverage, the Courtesy Pay Limit is included (along with the available balance and overdraft protection) for authorization of ATM and every day debit card transaction. The available balance in your account is your actual balance LESS: 1.) holds placed on deposits; 2.) holds on debit card transactions that have been authorized but are not yet posted; and 3.) any other holds, such as holds related to pledges of account funds, minimum balance requirements or to comply with court orders. ACMG Federal Credit Union may place a hold on deposited funds in accordance with our Membership and Account Agreement.
- Please be aware that the Courtesy Pay Limit is not included in the available balance provided through any of the credit union’s banking channels.
- ACMG Federal Credit Union will place a hold on your account for any authorized debit card transaction until the transaction settles (usually within two business days) or as permitted by payment system rules.In some cases, the hold may exceed the amount of the transaction.When the hold ends, the funds will be added to the available balance in your account.If your account is overdrawn after the held funds are added to the available balance and the transaction is posted to the available balance, a Courtesy Pay fee may be assessed.
- Except as described herein, ACMG Federal Credit Union will not pay items if your account does not contain available funds (including the Courtesy Pay limit) to cover the item(s) and the amount of any fee(s).
- ACMG Federal Credit Union may suspend your debit card if you incur overdrafts in excess of the available balance in your account, including any Courtesy Pay limit (as described herein). Debit cards on your account will remain suspended until you make sufficient deposits so that your available balance, taking into account any Courtesy Pay limit, is positive and then you contact us.
- ACMG Federal Credit Union may also suspend your debit card if your account is overdrawn more than thirty-two (32) consecutive calendar days. Debit cards on your account will remain suspended until you make sufficient deposits so that your account balance is positive.
- ACMG Federal Credit Union may also suspend your debit card if we are unable to contact you due to an incorrect mailing address or Phone Number(s). You must contact us with your correct mailing address and/or Phone Number(s) to have your debit card reinstated.
- If your debit card is suspended, you will be unable to use your debit card for purchases or to access your account at the ATM, and if you use your debit card for recurring payments, e.g., utilities, you are responsible to make other arrangements for your recurring debit payment(s).
- A Courtesy Pay limit of $500 will be granted to eligible consumer checking accounts opened at least 60 days in good standing.Courtesy Pay is limited to 1 consumer checking account per member.
- A Courtesy Pay limit of $500 will be granted to eligible Business Checking accounts opened at least 60 days in good standing.
- Courtesy Pay is not a line of credit; it is a discretionary overdraft service that can be withdrawn at any time without prior notice.
- Courtesy Pay may be discontinued if you default on any loan or other obligation to us, have an unpaid charged off account, your account becomes subject to any legal or administrative order or levy, or if you fail to maintain your account in good standing by not bringing your account to a positive balance within thirty-two (32) days for a minimum of one business day. You must bring your account balance positive for at least one business day to have Courtesy Pay reinstated.
- Depositor and each Authorized Signatory will continue to be liable, jointly and severally, for all overdraft and fee amounts, as described in the Membership and Account Agreement. The total (negative) balance, including all fees and charges, is due and payable upon demand.
If you have any questions about Overdraft Protection or Courtesy Pay, please call us at (800) 634-9239 or visit a branch.
This page contains links to PDF documents for which Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view.
Download Free Adobe Acrobat Reader