Special Notice for Members with Existing Loans:
Impacted by the Coronavirus Pandemic? We’re here to help. - In light of the significant impact and ongoing uncertainty around the Coronavirus pandemic, please know that your well-being and financial needs are our top priorities. With that in mind, in regard to your student loan account we have taken steps to ensure that you have access to the services and personalized support that you may need.
Anytime Access- University Accounting Service (UAS) is the loan servicer for your account and provides 24/7 access to view your student loan information and make payments at www.uasecho.com. (Payments by mail should be sent to University Accounting Service, PO Box 5865, Carol Stream, IL 60197-5865.)
Personalized Support - If you have additional questions regarding your student loan account, or are experiencing difficulties at this time and need to discuss repayment options to keep your account in good standing, please call 800-723-2210 to speak with a servicing agent.
College - Undergraduate Degree
When Federal aid just isn’t enough, ACMG Federal Credit Union can help. The cost of college continues to rise, making it more difficult for students to afford. We’ve partnered with other credit unions to form the Credit Union Student Choice Loan Program that can help you and your family fill in the gaps that federal aid may leave behind.
- How is the loan funded? Once the loan is certified by the school’s financial aid office, the funds are disbursed directly to the school. Check with the school directly for information on loan refunds.
- How long does the process take from loan request to disbursement? During peak loan season (July through September), please allow 35-40 business days from the time you submit your completed loan documents. Though your loan may be processed, it is up to the school to “certify” your loan, which includes designating a disbursement date and loan amount. The school has the final say on when your loan disburses and in what amount.
- Do I need to be a member of ACMG to apply? You may apply without being a credit union member, but need to be a member for the loan to be funded.
- Who is eligible? Undergraduate (U.S. citizens or permanent aliens) students enrolled at least half-time in a four-year degree-granting program at an approved public or private non-profit school.
Requirements before applying for Credit Union Student Choice loan:
Apply for your Personal Identification Number
(PIN), then fill out a FAFSA
(Free Application for Federal Student Aid). Your PIN serves as your electronic signature and provides access to your personal records.
- Apply for scholarships—you may be eligible for many of them (see your high school counselor and college financial aid office for suggestions). Free information on preparing for and funding education beyond high school including a scholarship search wizard can be found at studentaid.ed.gov.
To keep your costs at a minimum, take the maximum amount of Federal Student Loans before applying for Student Choice Loan.
Visit our Youth Accounts page for steps on how to prepare for financial management success!