Step 1: Open An Account & Get Your Debit Card -
It takes just $5 to establish membership and open a youth savings account
. And for $1 more, you can open a Checking/Debit Card account! Even better… there are no monthly service fees for members under the age of 23.
(Learn how to manage a checking account with our CheckRight online lesson
Step 2: Access Your Money -
Step 3: Manage Your Money -
- At the ATM - You have unlimited fee and surcharge-free access when you choose any (local) Sharenet ATM location or use any (over 30,000 nationwide) surcharge-free CO-OP ATM locations
- At the store - Paying for purchases with your debit card is faster, and easier to track than cash! You can also use your debit card to get cash-back at the checkout with no fees from the credit union.
- At a Shared Branch - Away for College, Spring Break, Exchange programs or Internships? No problem. Shared Branches are other credit union offices where you can do the same ordinary transactions you do inside an ACMG branch at no cost. You'll find over 5,000 convenient Shared Branch locations across the country with 10 right here in the Syracuse area. Simply present photo ID and your ACMG account number.
Step 4: Build Your Credit -
- Sign up for online banking to see your account balance, transfer money between accounts or pay a bill in just seconds.
- Mobile App - Receive balance, deposit and bill due alerts to your cell phone. Members with text capabilities can request account balances and most recent transaction history; those with internet capable phones can view accounts, transfer funds and even pay their bills from their cell phone. Download our Mobile App for one-touch access for smartphone or tablet.
- Save a tree and enroll in eStatements, view your monthly statement online and save for future reference.
- Keep in control with our printable Teen Budget Sheet or interactive Money Management Sheet.
You won’t be able to reach your goals without a good credit score. It affects everything from getting approved for Private Student or auto loans, to things like insurance rates, cell phone plans and your first apartment. Starting and building a good credit score can be easy at ACMG. A low-limit student Credit Card
can be a useful tool to help start building credit when used responsibly.
Consider adding Overdraft Protection
to your Debit Card/Checking Account. You’re protected from a penalty fee if you accidentally overdraw your account and it increases your credit score when used responsibly.