Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Offset medical costs with a Health Savings Account
If you are covered under an HSA-eligible High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP), you can contribute to a Health Savings Account (HSA). (Check with your insurance provider or employer to see if your health plan is HSA-eligible.)
About Health Savings Accounts
An HSA helps you get a handle on rising health care costs, and provides a tax-advantaged way to save. An HDHP generally requires that you pay out of pocket for medical expenses incurred (excluding certain preventive care expenses) until your deductible is met. Plan coverage kicks in after that. Simply use your HSA funds for qualified medical expenses. This generally includes most medical, dental and vision care expenses that are incurred by you, your spouse, or any dependents.
HSA benefits for employees:
- Significantly higher dividend rates
- No monthly or annual fees
- No minimum balance requirement, a free VISA® debit card and online bill pay
- Save for high deductible expenses on a tax-free basis
- Unused funds roll over to the next year
- Employee contributions, qualified withdrawals and dividends are exempt from federal taxes 2
Open an HSA today! Call us at 315-488-4433
Health Savings Accounts for Employers in Syracuse
Additional HSA benefits for ACMG Member Group Employers:
- We help your employees save and earn more while increasing job satisfaction and reducing employer payroll taxes (FICA)
- Free on-site enrollment for qualified employers1
- The Member Group HSA is free to participating employers
To add the Member Group HSA to your benefits package, contact ACMG at (315) 488-4433 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
View our HSA & Share Savings Rates.
1 Employer must be an approved ACMG Federal Credit Union Member Group, offering high deductible health plans and contributing to employee HSAs. 2 Subject to IRS rules and regulations for HSAs.